Thursday, February 7, 2013

Blog Post #4

Podcasting with First Grade

This blog talked about how the teacher went about creating a podcast. It was really cool. I lliked how she took a few students out at a time to record them talking. I also liked how it helped the students follow along if they got lost. It's a much easier way for students to learn how to read and it keeps them interested in the story when they are the ones reading out loud. I will definitely be using this type of style in my classroom. The more I can get my students to interact with me, the better the school year will be for me and them. Learning about all this new technology makes me excited to become a teacher even more than before!

Langwitches Listening-Comprehension-Podcasting

After reading this blog I realized that teaching styles have changed dramatically since I was in elementary school. I absolutely LOVE the way this teacher taught these students. I would have loved to learn Hebrew when I was young. Having them read a story and then having to put it back together in the correct order is just one of the many ways they are having to use their brains to get things finished. They are even learning a new language and learning how to use context clues. It's easy to read a story to children and then have them tell you what it's about. They might remember for a few hours but when it comes test time, they might forget. I just really like this idea and hopefully I'll be able to use this one day. It's one of my favorite things I have learned about so far.

Flat Stanley Podcast

I am a huge fan of Flat Stanley. I had one when I was younger that was taller than I was. My friends mailed it to me after I moved so they could see all of the places and things I was seeing. Like the children in this podcast, I wanted to be turned into a Flat Stanley and I really didn't see why I couldn't be. I think this is another great idea to get the kids interacting in learning. They are having fun and don't realize that this is school and that they are being taught something. I'm sure they will talk about this when they are seniors in high school. Listening to them tell the story made me smile. I love their creativity and them using different tones of voices to tell the story. It's like I was actually there. This was great. They each have such cute voices and accents. Jasmine has got the cutest little voice I have ever heard. I loved her story, too. My favorite was Emily who went to Alabama. She said "Roll Tide." I definitely like this teacher!

My Podcast

I learned to put emphasis on some words as I'm telling the story. It has to be like the person listening is really there. You don't want to be monotoned. I know I can be creative and be myself in my own podcast. I can't wait to do one!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Emily!
    Your blog is great! The only problem I saw was in your third sentence in the first paragraph. It looks like you accidently typed,"lliked." I agree with you that it seems like the teaching style has changed a lot! I think this benefits us, by making our teaching career more exciting and not the same old lectures. It also makes our students want to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the differences may reflect the difference in education in Canada and Alabama!

    Do you think you will be a podcasting teacher?

    Thoughtful, interesting.

    ReplyDelete