Sunday, March 3, 2013

Project 10



I believe I will be teaching elementary school children. I'm not sure if it will be Kindergardeners or 6th grade students. I found a site that is free and teaches kids math. It's called Math Blaster. I had the actual game on my computer when I was growing up and I LOVED it. I'm pretty sure I would play that game now if I could. I think I finally scratched that cd up so much it quit working. It's supposed to keep kids interested in math and help them learn. They also get to save the galaxy while they're playing. What kid doesn't want to do that? I would use it during class as maybe an incentive.I think it costs money to be a memember, but you can still play for free. If the student's did really well on a test or homework then they could play the game during class while the other students did work. OR if the school has enough computers then I'd take them to the computer lab and that's what we would do all during class. I like to mix things up and not make everything so boring and class-like. I'd expect students to know their multiplication tables faster or know how to add/subtract faster if that's what we were learning in class. I chose this because I loved it as a kid and I think other kids would love it, too. It may be a little different than when it was an actual game, but I still think it will be very beneficial to any student.

No comments:

Post a Comment