Sunday, April 28, 2013

Blog Post #13

Blended Learning Cycle



Mr. Paul Anderson talks about his classroom and how it became blended. His approach is the QuIVERS approach. It stands for Question, Investigation/Inquiry, Video, Elaboration, Review, and finally, Summary. I see it as something like the method you use when you use the scientific method. He wants his students to have a question or wonder about something and then want to figure out the answer- which would be the investigation part. His review is awesome because he has videos for them to watch, some are even live. The summary is a quiz, that's timed to make sure they understand the information before they move on to the next chapter or subject. The students can take it a few times until they get the score they want, but they can't take it so many times that they don't have to study or anything.

I like his approach a lot. In the comments on YouTube, it says he uses some program, Moodle, to keep his classroom organized and scheduled correctly. I like that, too. I think this QuIVERS is a good way to make sure you stay on track with your students. It's also super organized and it'll show the students exactly what you expect out of them throughout the school year. I might just use it in my classroom.

Brian Crosby

He's a pretty cool guy. I like him and I sure wish I could have been in his classroom. He seems like he's really in it to teach the children and because he cares about their futures. I loved his idea of the balloon camera. I would have loved to be able to do something like that. I bet the pictures were amazing. It's crazy how he got so many responses from all over the world. It made me happy to see that he included Celeste in his classroom like that. It was super cute how all of his students pretended to be sleeping when he introduced her. I like that he can have fun with his students and not lose control of the classroom. They still have respect for him and everything. I bet those students will take whatever they learned in his class with them where ever they go.

No comments:

Post a Comment